Home Home Home About Me Contact Me Teachers pay Teachers Facebook Facebook Teachers pay Teachers Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram Google+

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Move Your Bus

Through the blogging/ Instagram/ Periscope world I heard about Ron Clark and RCA. I follow them on all possible social media and I am constantly in awe and inspired by their school. I recommend checking out Ron Clark and the teachers at his school.




I have looked into visiting RCA and learning from the source. I hope to do it.... someday!

What I have done is start to read some of his books. (Okay I will be honest.. I have been listening to them! It seems to be the only way I can get through a book these days.) I hope to "read" them all soon. They are pretty short so I feel confident in my goal.

I started with Move Your Bus. I had seen it on social media recently so it seemed like a good one to start with.

This book puts people into several different categories:

Runners- The people who go above and beyond all of the time.
Joggers- The people who do a good job but not the best job.
Walkers- The people who do only what is expected of them.
Riders- The people who are only along for the ride.
Drivers- The leader or boss.

Ron Clark takes you through several scenarios so you understand the different rolls these people play in a work place. He also gives tips on how to improve yourself. I think that this book is a must read for any boss but it also makes you think about yourself. I felt like he was talking about me and to me. There have been phases in my life that have shaped who I am. This book made me want to reevaluate my daily routines and it also made me REALLY want to go visit RCA to see all of the amazing things that they do. I recommend reading this book! My next Ron Clark book is The End of Molasses Classes. I will let you know what I think.  Have you read a Ron Clark book or visited RCA? Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment