Home Home Home About Me Contact Me Teachers pay Teachers Facebook Facebook Teachers pay Teachers Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram Google+

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Elections

As I sit here and watch the debate I thought it would be fun to talk about teaching about the election. I really have enjoyed educating my students about this important current event. It really has been fun to have discussions with my students about this. I even remember way back to the Clinton/ Bush election when I was their age and I loved the school wide election we did. Now one of our standards is civics and government so I have been doing a bunch of teaching about this subject as I mentioned in my last post.  Here are some resources for you about the election:

Scholastic

School House Rock Electoral College

If you have a Discovery Education membership they have a wonderful series about the election. Just search election 2012.

I am currently building voting booths in my room for our class election then for our mock presidential election. I did create a few fun election day or election week activities and you can find those here.
What are you doing to teach about the election? Do you have some great sites to share? Please comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment