Home Home Home About Me Contact Me Teachers pay Teachers Facebook Facebook Teachers pay Teachers Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram Google+

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Author's Chair

I have been thinking of creating an author's chair for a while. We had a writing PD recently and I decided it was time to take the plunge! One of my sweet parents donated a chair and I got to work!

I really enjoyed creating it and I will be debuting in class tomorrow. I do have to say it took a whole lot longer than I anticipated! It was about 10 hours total.

I used craft paint and sharpies to write and then I sealed it with glitter spray and that didn't work very well so I ended up using Modge Podge.


The beginning. 


Cute fabric from Hobby Lobby. I used a coupon and it was only $3.00! I also finished the seat with vinyl in hope it will last longer and keep it clean. 

The first night of work. 



Almost done.

Here it is! 

If you have a share chair or author's chair I would love to see a link. 

No comments:

Post a Comment