Home Home Home About Me Contact Me Teachers pay Teachers Facebook Facebook Teachers pay Teachers Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram Google+

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Frobscottle without the Whizzpoppers




One of my favorite books as a child was the BFG by Roald Dahl. I always try to read it or do it as a small group, if I have readers at the right level. I found an incredible resource on Teachers Pay Teachers for BFG Reading Comprehension.

This resource is great for day to day reading. I thought it would be fun to do something hands on so I decided we would make Frobscottle. I searched online and on Pinterest and I couldn't find much. SO I wandered the drink isle to come up with something pale green,that fizzed, tasted of vanilla, cream and the faintest hint of raspberry as described in the book. Here is what I came up with:

Raspberry Sparkling Water
Cream Soda- get a light colored one if possible
Raspberry Extract
Tropical Punch Pop Rocks (They are green)
Green Food Coloring


The reading group taste tested the concoction. We added a little here and there and then the group presented a summary of the chapter and passed out the frobscottle to the class. The class loved it. The teacher not as much......... 

No comments:

Post a Comment