Home Home Home About Me Contact Me Teachers pay Teachers Facebook Facebook Teachers pay Teachers Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram Google+

Monday, October 6, 2014

DATA DATA DATA

Do you enjoy crunching your student data? I feel like this is such an important part of teaching. Its not the best part but it leads to those light bulb moments and it allows us to target instruction. I have been working hard to analyze data lately and target instruction. My class this year is teeny! I love it! The other plus side I have 3 levels I am directing instruction to. I feel like this is my most true "third grade" class.

Our school offers tutoring after school to give those who need it a little extra push. I usually hate doing it! Who really wants to teach after the bell. I am taking a different approach this school year. I chose 4 kids based on MAPS data and I am targeting reading. I feel like this is the best because it is hard to fit too much into 30 minutes. We are going to have some fun with it and LEARN!!!! My kiddos chose to read Frog and Toad Together by Arnold Lobel. We are going to do some of the things frog and toad do and make some meaningful crafts. Here is a sneak peak:



Each skill is based on MAPS data!

No comments:

Post a Comment